Friday, November 18, 2011

Jiffy Corn

Something I've taken my kids and done the last few years is go and help cook for our youth groups heading to God's Mountain Camp in Missouri. I love serving, especially when my kids can be involved in some way, and I really enjoy feeding people well on mission trips because they are also serving so much in between their meals. The first year we made this it was a hit and it is also one of my most requested dishes at family gatherings. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and if you are supposed to be bringing a side dish...you may want to try this! My whole family loves it... I know yours will too!

Jiffy Corn

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel cor (drained)
1 box Jiffy corn mix
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup sour cream (8oz container)
1/2 c melted margarine (I often only use 1/4 cup too)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Mix all your ingredients together and place in greased pan. I use a variety of pans, but a stoneware is my favorite giving it a nice even baking. Depending how thick you want it, choose anywhere from a quart casserole dish to a 13 by 9 pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until center is firm. Sprinkle with cheese and brown top or just let cheese melt. Serve it up!

 Mixing... 

 Ready for oven...

Serve it nice and warm...

1 comment: