Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Homemade Playdough

Some of you may know I was a preschool teacher before a stay home mom. I loved teaching the preschool aged little ones and as I did I came across many things I knew I would use with my own kids some day. One of them was this awesome play-dough recipe. I tried many recipes before I landed on this one... it's perfect! Make some with your kids this week and head out to the back deck for some fun finger play time!

Play-Dough

3 cups water
3 Tbsp oil
food coloring of choice

Mix this together in stove top pan and bring to boil. Then in a large bowl have the below mixture combined...

3 cups white flour
1 1/2 cup salt
3 Tbsp Alum (spice)

Pour water mixture over flour mixture and stir. Add 1 Tbsp lotion and knead together until forms soft ball. Store in air tight container and use for a few months!





Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment