Wednesday, March 7, 2012

PB + Kix= happy in my mouth

If you love:
And you love:


Then you will love this easy snack mix! Did I mention it is EASY? This is one of my kids favorites and I also can hardly keep my little hands off of it when my snack box is full of a fresh batch. Throw this together in, seriously, like 15 minutes! A go to snack for my afternoon snackers around here. (and special request from my snacking friend, Emily!! :)

PB & Kix Snack Mix


1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cooking oil
3 cup Kix cereal
3 cup Rice chex cereal
3 cup wheat chex cereal
1 1/2 cup pretzal sticks
1/2 cups peanuts (optional)

Melt peanut butter with oil over low heat in large roasting pan or large stove top pan. Add cereal and cook 5-10 minutes, stir often. Stir in pretzels and/or nuts. Spread onto cookie sheet to cool or eat warm. Pretty tasty served warm! Store in an airtight container.


*note- I often use a variety of cereals. I usually double the kix and take out the rice or use crispix instead of the rice cereal. Whatever you use, just be sure you use 9 cups cereal of your choice. And like always, Enjoy with your favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment