Friday, June 13, 2014

messenger

Quick, its Five Minute Friday and I've got a few hours to sneak a post in before times up. A few minutes if you count the time I plan to be awake much later tonight. So here's a little message about my Mama Made blog and why I spend a little time here...hoping you want to hang out here a little, too.

The thing is...when I became a housewife I didn't know a lick about making a home. I tried and failed many times in those early days and I'm still struggling through knowing how to run a home well as each season changes. When I became a mother...making home got amped up times 10. My attempts never outweighed my desire to do it well though. I love nothing more then creating home... home for my people, home for friends who enter here, home for our neighbors, home for all who enter. It's been a piece of my heart from the day I rented my first home as a young college newbie. I love to make home.

What home is though for so many is more then 4 walls and a place to sleep at night. It's a place to grow your heart. And that, my friends, looks very different to everybody. The beauty with making a home is we are all different in what we need to feel at home. I blog here to share some of my favorite things along the journey of home-making. I love to see nothing more then Mama's create their home and offer a safe heart landing place for all who enter. I truly enjoy home-making and believe that hearts are grown when the home is created with feeding the souls that hang in it.

I want our homes to be comfy and cozy and real and tasty and fun and creative and faith filled and family focused and life-giving. I keep trying things and sending some of what I love your way through this blog. Kinda like the messenger bringing you a little something to open up and try for yourself. You may love it. You may hate it. Either way, I know we can all give the message to our home dwellers that they are loved and valued and welcomed in the way we make home... What we do, how we live, and where we spend our time sends the message of home. I'm simply giving you what I love about home-making here so you can be the messenger in your house... making home as you give it all away.

Welcome to Five Minute Friday 

We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that Lisa Jo Baker post on her  website starting at 10pm EST on Thursday night and all through Friday. 

It started because Lisa-Jo had been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And she figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.

So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.

Your words. This shared feast.

It’s easy to join in. Link up on Facebook here!

No comments:

Post a Comment