Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blueberry Greek Muffins

It's the time of year when berries all across the state are ripe and fresh and oh, so sweet. I'm addicted to berries this time of year, all kinds. But one of my favorite is the blueberry! Warm blueberry muffins right out of the oven could be one of the things served in heaven as far as I'm concerned. Along with loving blueberries, I also love exploring in the kitchen. It's like an art, really. One everybody can play around with. That's the beauty of foods... its a fun way to express your preference and your taste buds and your creativity. There aren't too many kitchen experiences you can't give something to or take something away... 

Today I fell in love with the blueberry muffin all over again. Here's my latest masterpiece...

Blueberry Greek Muffins
(Easy 1-2-3 Directions)

1. Mix together: 2/3 C Sugar, 1 Tsp Baking Powder, 1 Tsp Baking Soda, 1/2 Tsp. Salt, 2 Large Eggs, 4 Tbsp. melted butter, 1 Tsp Vanilla, 1 1/2 Cups Greek Vanilla Yogurt, 2 Tbsp Raw Honey. Whip this until a smooth, creamy consistency. 

2. Add in to your above ingredients: 2 Cups Flour, 1 Cup Raw (plain) Oats. Throw in 1 Cup fresh or frozen Blueberries. 

3. Spray a muffin pan, spoon muffin batter evenly amongst muffin cups, and bake at 350 for about 15-25 minutes. Depending on your muffin size!


 Pre-wash fresh berries and taste as you go...:Obviously :)

 Sprinkle dry oats on the top right before you bake them for a finished look to your muffins.

And serve to all your big and little people around the table. Especially the littlest. They're my favorite. 
As always, serve with joy in your heart...a smile. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I tried these this morning and they were delicious! I ended up using half blueberry yogurt bc I didn't have enough vanilla. I can't wait to try it when the raspberries are ripe!

    ReplyDelete