Monday, January 14, 2013

Sweet Blueberry Muffins

Looking for an easy, but oh so tasty home-made muffin recipe? This will honestly take you 10 minutes to throw together and another 20ish to bake. Make it in the morning, take your shower, and they will be done when it is time to feed the crew. This is also a yummy option for afternoon guests or an after school snack or over-night guests! I love fresh blueberries and when I find a good price on them I stock up my freezer. Those come in handy for days like today...

                      


Sweet Blueberry Muffins

3 cups flour
1 cup sugar (I use only 3/4 cup for mine usually)
4 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp salt
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup milk
1 Tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs (fresh from your backyard chickens if you have them!)
1-2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp Sugar (for sprinkling before you bake them)

Heat your oven to 400. 

Combine your dry ingredients in a large bowl, make a well in the center and add rest of your ingredients  Fold your blueberries in last. This will be a thick batter, just moistened enough to mix all your ingredients. Spoon into a well greased or paper-lined muffin pan. (I highly recommend investing in a good stone muffin pan for perfectly baked muffins every time! I love my Pampered Chef!) Sprinkle tops of muffins with a bit of sugar.

Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Muffins should be a light golden brown. Makes 12.





Serve 'em up with a smile...and enjoy sweet blueberry goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment