Sunday, January 27, 2013

Home-made Hamburger Buns (Quick)

If you have never attempted home-made bread before, don't let this scare you off! YOU can make these...I promise! Next time you grill, surprise your family with these perfectly baked hamburger buns fresh from your very own oven.  It takes less then an hour and it is a perfect back-up if you forgot buns at the store.





Quick Hamburger Buns

2 Tbsp active dry yeast
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg (room temp eggs work best)
1 tsp. salt (I like Kosher salt)
3 to 4 cups flour (I use basic white flour)

Directions:
1. I like to use a glass bowl to dissolve yeast in the warm water. Add your sugar and oil here and let stand for 5-10 minutes. 

2. Add the egg, salt, and enough flour to form a soft dough (should not be sticky).

3.  Roll onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. (I put butter on my hands to help keep dough from sticking to me and form together better). You do not have to let it rise.

4. Divide dough into 12 balls and place on a greased stone-ware (or cookie sheet) about 3 inches apart.

5. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for 10 minutes. Bake at 425 for 19-12 minutes or until a golden brown color on top. I like to rub some butter and garlic salt on top for flavor when they are almost done browning in oven.

I love to serve these warm with burgers fresh off the grill... Yum, taste so good every time. These are a bit heavier then your typical white flour 99 cents buns from the store, but I think you'll enjoy the difference! Serve with a smile....and enjoy with your crew!


No comments:

Post a Comment