Saturday, April 5, 2014

friday night pizza dough



I blogged about this before. It's one of my most asked for recipes though, so here it is again! I love traditions and my kids love pizza. Someday Friday nights will be filled with too many things to have us all home at the same time for family pizza night. I know we will go through seasons when one or two or five of us will have commitments outside of home. But I am hoping that by building these early traditions of a simple home-made pizza and movie night, that Friday nights will eventually bring us all back together. Traditions don't have to be fancy or big or overly planned... they just have to mean something to you and yours. You can do anything! Just build traditions! Or eat pizza on Fridays. Both are fun.

Friday Night Pizza Dough 

2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 1/3 cups flour (unbleached white and whole wheat is what I use)

Dissolve yeast and sugar in water. Let sit 10 minutes. Stir in salt, oil, flour. Knead, form ball. Let dough rise to doubled its size. Roll out. Use favorite toppings, bake at 425, 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment