Saturday, October 19, 2013
It has only taken me 11 months, 15 days, and 1 week to finally post this recipe for my most patient friend. Okay, I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know she asked for this recipe almost a year ago! I remember making this, capturing the photos, and laying the dirty spilled on recipe card...??? Well that's just it. I did not remember where I placed the recipe card at. For months. Until I opened my pie recipe book this fall and there nestled in nicely between freshly picked cherry pie and sweet potatoe filling was the surprise of my caramel corn recipe. Still stained and much more then book-mark worthy and bringing the thoughts of my patient friend all back to me while I saved it from the pie book and placed it safely back in it's "Sweet Things" recipe box spot. So here it is, friend...sorry it took so long!
Caramel Corn (worth waiting for :)
6 Quarts Popped Corn
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Light or Dark Corn Syrup
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 250. Coat large baking pans with cooking spray. Place your popped corn in the pans.
2. In a stove top pan slowly melt butter, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
6. Pour over your popcorn and mix well together.
7. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
Do not use margarine or some light thing... only the real good stuff.
Get your kids involved for this one!
Especially since the science experiment with the baking soda looks so cool...
Mix well so every kernel gets some lov'in
And use a plenty big enough pan for stirring it around...
And as always, serve it with a smile and enjoy!