Thursday, January 12, 2012

Omelet for 1

When I was teaching there was an older gentleman who cleaned my classroom and he was so sweet to me and my students. He often would bring me fresh produce from his garden and eggs from his chickens. The kids all called him Mr. Andy and he had his first grandchild arrive at the same time I had our first born! We always had lots to chat about! Well, you can imagine my surprise when I walked Jaxon to the first day of school and low and behold there stood Mr. Andy. Full of smiles with his perfect round grandpa belly and farmers Pioneer hat stood the sweet old man with his big hand clasping the little hand of his grandson, ready for his first day of school too. We caught up easily and a short time later I found his little grandson selling his grandpa's eggs. Makes my heart swell! Needless to say, I quickly signed up to be on his "egg list" and every Tuesday he faithfully delivers my dozen eggs to me. He gets to keep all his earnings :) Now I don't always need the eggs, but I love supporting this little ma & pop operation. They are the yummiest tasting eggs and lets just say I have gotten pretty creative in how many ways you can serve up eggs in this house! One of my favorite's is this easy omelet.... don't even need an omelet pan, just a simple frying pan, a few ingredients, and you're set! Enjoy!

Omelet for One (or many little ones)

In a bowl just whisk together: 2 Tbsp flour, 1/4 c milk, 3 Tbsp sour cream, 2 eggs, salt & pepper to your tasting


Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, sprayed with a little olive oil or pan spray. Pour in egg mixture and cover... let sit covered for few minutes until almost all cooked. Add ingredients you'd like to add (ham cubes, sausage, cheese, mushroom,s veggies, anything you want!). Flip one side over the other and let sit for about 2-4 more minutes. Whoa-la! Omelet for one (or two if you are a light eater, I use one to serve 3 kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment