Saturday, January 14, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Some days I crawl out of bed and just need to put something in my oven for my kids and hub's to wake up to. I love the smell of something yummy when I wake up. It reminds me of waking up at my grandmother's house and there is just something loving about a good smell jump-starting your day and waiting for you at the table. This recipe is one I stumbled across the first year we were married and all I did was tweak it by adding the chocolate chips because my hubby loves banana and chocolate flavors together. Need a jump start this morning and have a few old bananas sitting around? Send a warm message to your gang as you whip up these to start the day! Also a pretty yummy after school snack!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


1/2 c margarine, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe (or old) bananas
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c flour
6 oz chocolate chips (roughly 1 cup)


Combine your soft ingredients first and then mix in your dry ingredients. Spray pans and bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes, depending on your oven. Makes about 12-18 muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment